- We use the term 'User' to refer to the users of our websites, online pages and services.
- We use any of the terms 'we', 'us', 'our' and 'Vanbreda' to refer to Vanbreda & Lang S.A. and its parent company Vanbreda Risk & Benefits NV and all of its affiliates worldwide.
What are cookies ?
Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to your device when you visit a website. Cookies are then sent back to the originating website on each subsequent visit, or to another website that recognises that cookie. Cookies are useful because they allow a website to recognise a user's device.
Cookies do many different jobs, such as allowing you to navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, and generally improving the user experience. They can also help to ensure that adverts you see online are more relevant to you and your interests.
Certain cookies contain personal information – for example, if you click to 'remember me' when logging in, a cookie will store your username. Most cookies will not collect information that identifies you, and will instead collect more general information such as how users arrive at and use our websites, or a user's general location.
There are mainly four kinds of cookies :
- Session cookies last only for the session. They are erased when the user closes the web browser.
- Persistent cookies remain even after the session is closed. They are stored on a user's hard drive until they expire (persistent cookies are set with expiration dates) or until the user deletes the cookie. Persistent cookies may be used to collect identifying information about the user, such as web surfing behaviour or user preferences for a specific website.
- First-party cookies belong to the site where you chose to go.
- Third-party cookies are fetched from a site whose content is retrieved indirectly for example through an image tag or a banner.
The majority of browsers support them (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari, etc.). However, you can set your browser to decline cookies, or you can delete your cookies at will.
What cookies do we use ?
- Language: When you change the website's language through the dropdown menu in the upper right corner, we store this choice in a cookie.
- Azure Application Insights: We use this service to monitor application performance, as well as to anonymously track user behaviour (e.g. users, sessions, page views). We do not store IP addresses.
How can I control or delete cookies ?
You can enable, disable or delete cookies at browser level. In order to do this follow the instructions provided by your browser (usually located within the 'Help', 'Tools' or 'Edit' facility). Disabling a cookie or category of cookie does not delete the cookie from your browser, you will need to do this yourself from within your browser. Please remember that if you do choose to disable cookies, you may find that certain sections of our website do not work properly.